Zoom is a powerful video conferencing tool that allows you to conduct remote meetings with HD video and high quality audio. Once a meeting starts, utilize the full set of features offered by Zoom: screen sharing, text chatting, recording (and uploading to the cloud), and breakout rooms, which split the meeting into smaller groups. The attendees ARE NOT required to have a license to use ZOOM and can use iPhone (iOS), iPad (iOS), Android devices (cell phones and tablets), Mac (OSX.6 and newer), and Windows (Windows Vista and newer).
This means that, as a host, you can easily invite up to 24 others under the standard license and up to 99 under the large room license into an interactive video conference, across a wide variety of devices, via an email, and those attending do not need to login. ZOOM also allows you to use your UNI CATID to log in to the application and becomes a GOOGLE instant messaging client for you as well.
We have already used ZOOM in several large events at UNI and have others that are already using it for meetings, instruction and collaboration.
To immediately use ZOOM at UNI to host interactive video conferences, you will need to download ZOOM and log in to ZOOM using your CATID.
Here is how you can get started:
0. Go to http://zoom.us from your mobile device and or computer
1. Scroll to the very bottom of the http://zoom.us website and CLICK ON DOWNLOAD
2. Follow the instructions to download and install
3. Run Zoom
4. To log in and try ZOOM.US out for the first time, in the ZOOM.US application click or tap MEET NOW
5. If you have not logged in yet, you will now see a login screen showing three ways to log in. CHOOSE - LOGIN WITH GOOGLE icon.
6. In the log in window, ENTER YOUR FULL UNI EMAIL ADDRESS ONLY in the EMAIL field and LEAVE the PASSWORD ENTRY BLANK, CLICK SIGN IN. **This step will forward you to your CATID login
7. At the CATID login, log in using your CATID username and passphrase
8. Once you are logged in you will be prompted by the ZOOM.US application with ALLOW ACCESS - CLICK THE ALLOW ACCESS button
You will then be able to use ZOOM without any restrictions.
Remember that any people you invite in to a ZOOM meeting do not need to log in, they can just attend the meeting.
Below are a few links for more information on ZOOM.