IT-Educational Technology and Media Services provides free instructional technology workshops for UNI faculty and staff. To register or to see more details about the workshop, click on the workshop title in the calendar below. If you'd like to add all of these events to your UNI Google calendar, click on the +Google Calendar button on the lower right corner of the list of events. Otherwise, you can add an event individually by clicking on the event name and clicking "copy to my calendar".
On this page:
- Getting Started with the UNI eLearning Suite
- Workshop Calendar
- Videos of Workshops
- Vendor Provided Training Opportunities
- Get a List of Workshops You've Taken
Visit our Getting Started with the UNI eLearning Suite web page to see recommended tiers for which workshops to focus on first and which are considered more advanced. If you have never taken our foundational "Tier I" workshops, we highly recommend completing them even if you already have been using the UNI eLearning Suite of tools. The "Tier I' workshops form the foundational knowledge to achieve best practices in your utilization of the UNI eLearning Suite of tools and to better meet students' needs.
The calendar incorporates faculty and staff professional development opportunities from: IT-Educational Technology & Media Services, Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning, Continuing and Distance Education, Rod Library, and Student Accessibility Services. Most workshops are currently delivered via Zoom; however please check the details for each workshop calendar entry for delivery options.
- - - Click on workshop title for details - - -
These are videos of workshops that you can take right now! You will need to log in using your UNI CatID to view these videos.
- Getting Started with Your Blackboard Learn Course
- Assessing Your Students Using Bb Learn's Assignment Tool
- Testing 1, 2, 3: Developing, Deploying and Editing an Online Test in Bb Learn (workshop on 4/8/20)
- Facilitating Collaborative Group Work via Bb Learn's Groups Feature
- Bb Learn Grade Center
- Weighted Grading in Bb Learn
- Integrate Attendance Data Into the Grade Center Using the Bb Learn Attendance Tool
- Improving Accessibility in Your Course with Blackboard Ally
(see also "From Reactive Accommodations to Proactive Accessibility" under Other below)
- Getting Started with Panopto
- How to use Zoom with your Class
- Are you Prepared? - Presentation given to CBA faculty on March 13, 2020
- Remote Possibilities: Considering your Students' Bandwidth (CETL & ETMS workshop presentation on 3/25)
- From Reactive Accommodations to Proactive Accessibility
Following are links to training opportunities provided by vendors of our supported eLearning Suite technologies:
- Blackboard Academy Catalog - paid and free professional development from Blackboard
You can get a list of the workshops you attended by going to the Workshop Registration page. You'll see a button to "View current registration schedule" as shown in the screenshot below. The resulting page will show a list of the workshops for which you've previously signed up.