Blackboard Learn will be replacing the New Box View integration with a new tool called Bb Annotate for Inline Assignment Grading. Bb Annotate will offer a more robust feature set to provide customizable feedback to learners, which includes a sidebar summary view, freehand drawing tools, various color selections, and much more.
Timeline: Our migration to Bb Annotate occurred on Monday, June 1, 2020.
Bb Learn Help: Grade student work with Bb Annotate!
Video (YouTube): Bb Annotate Overview in Blackboard Learn
Quick Start Guide (MS Word): Bb Annotate Quick Start Guide for Instructors
Getting Started with Bb Annotate: Inline Assignment Grading in Blackboard Learn
Blackboard Learn’s inline assignment grading functionality, previously delivered through a technology called New Box View, was replaced on June 1, 2020 with a new tool called Bb Annotate. Created in partnership with clients around the globe, Bb Annotate will offer a more robust feature set to provide customizable feedback to learners, including a sidebar summary view, freehand drawing tools, various color selections, and much more. View the "Getting Started with Bb Annotate" recorded demonstration of Bb Annotate.
Bb Learn Student Help: Assignment Grades
Frequently Asked Questions:
Transition From New Box View To Bb Annotate For Inline Assignment Grading
Does it work with the Blackboard and Blackboard Instructor Mobile apps?
Bb Annotate will work with the Blackboard Instructor app, but not the Blackboard app. Students should access their assignment submission through a web browser instead to see annotations.
Are there any known issues with Bb Annotate?
- The Show More link in threaded comments isn’t currently working. Students will need to download the annotated document and view in a native PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat. - This issue has been resolved.
- Clicking on the comment icon doesn’t bring the related comment to the forefront, so it may be hard for users to differentiate between comments that are close together. - This issue has been resolved.
- In the Sidebar summary view, clicking on an annotation doesn’t not identify it within the document.
- The previous Box issue with highlighting leaving gaps (Article #51197) will be visible in the migrated document. Users can delete the highlight and re-create it using Bb Annotate.
- If a Grader’s session expires or loses internet connectivity, there is no indication within Bb Annotate that annotations aren’t being saved.
- In the Blackboard app, print and download aren’t working properly. Users can print or download through a web browser instead
- HEIC files currently do not render in Bb Annotate and occurs with New Box View as well. This issue has been resolved.
- Files with "soft" rotation set by metadata tags, including JPEG and HEIC files may display with incorrect orientation
Is Annotate Content Library sharable for marking on the same assignment or within same course?
The instructor will have the same Content Library across Assignments within a course and will see it in their other courses. It currently isn't shareable between users, but are looking into making the Content Library more portable as a future enhancement.