1. Launch Respondus 4.0 on you Windows based device.
2. Select Respondus test you want to publish to Blackboard Learn (or create/pull a new one).
3. Once you have selected a test, click on the "Preview + Publish" tab.
4. From the sidebar, click on "Publish" and then click on "Publish Wizard".
To connect to the Blackboard Learn System:
Note: You will only need to set up the connection to the UNI Blackboard Learn System once (steps 5-7). If you previously published tests using Respondus (before Blackboard's August 4th, 2018 migration to the cloud) but are currently experiencing problems connecting, you will need to delete the old server and reconfigure the newest server.
5. Click on field next to "Blackboard Server". Select "-add new server-"
6. Make sure “Yes, check for preconfigured server settings” is selected and click the "Next" button.
7. On the 'Preconfigured Server Settings Wizard' page, name the server whatever would make the most sense to you (i.e. "UNI Blackboard Learn or UNI Bb Learn"). Make sure to select "Skip connection test" before clicking "Next".
8. Once you click the "Next" button at the bottom, the following message should appear. Click OK.
8. This will launch the "Blackboard Authentication" window. Login into to Blackboard Learn in that window via the CatID link.
9. When you are successfully logged in, click the "Close After Login" button in upper right hand corner of that "Blackboard Authentication" window. As soon as you click "Close After Login", you'll see the same message you clicked OK on previously. DO NOT CLICK OK AGAIN YET! Read step #10 first.
10. **IMPORTANT**: At this point, WAIT ABOUT 30 SECONDS for the connection to be made to the Blackboard server. Then click the 'OK' button and WAIT AGAIN. Read step # 11 before doing anything else.
**IMPORTANT**: Wait again! The process will automatically advance to the next step. There is no need to click the 'Next' button.
11. This should return you to the "Publish Wizard" and automatically advance to the next screen where you can now select the Blackboard Learn course in the first drop down menu. Then click "Next".
12. Then, select the folder you want your test to appear in and click "Next".
13. After it finishes uploading your questions, click "Finish". Your test will have been uploaded to the folder you selected in the last step.