Create a Calendar
1. Login to your UNI email account, which is automatically linked with Google.
2. Navigate to Google Calendar by either:
- Going to Google Calendar directly.
- Go to any Google page. In the top-right corner of the screen, click the grid icon, then click Calendar.
3. On the left side of the page, click the plus symbol (+), then select New calendar.
4. Enter a name for the calendar (such as the class name & section, or course number), then select Create calendar.
1. Under “My calendars”, mouse over the calendar you want to add. Next, click the vertical ellipsis. "Finally, select Settings and sharing".
2. Under “Access permissions”, check the box next to "Make available for University of Northern Iowa".
To Embed a Google Calendar:
3. Scroll down until you see “Integrate calendar”. Select Customize.
4. Using the options on the left side of the screen, customize your calendar as desired.
5. Once you are ready to embed, click Update HTML at the top of the screen.
6. Select all the code in the text area, then right click and select Copy (alternatively, use Ctrl + C).
Note: Professors can embed Google Calendars into their Blackboard courses. By embedding a Google Calendar into Blackboard, you are able to display due dates and other events to students. The students can add this to their personal Google Calendar as well. For full instructions, visit the UNI eLearning Suite FAQ.
To get Sharable Link to a Google Calendar:
7. Under "Access permissions", click on "Get Sharable Link" in the bottom right corner. Click on "Copy Link" to copy the link to your clipboard.