The assignment folder functions as a drop box, where students can upload their own files into a subfolder of a course’s Panopto folder. Before creating an assignment folder, your class must have a Panopto folder.
1. Login to Blackboard Learn and navigate to your course.
2. Click on "Tools" on the left navigation bar.
3. Click "Panopto Content".
4. Click on "Settings" (the gear icon) in the top-right corner.
5. Click on "Create Assignment Folder".
6. (OPTIONAL) If you want your students to be able to view one another's videos, you will now need to enable this feature. The default is that this setting is not enabled, and students cannot see each other assignments.
NOTE: If you enable this setting, students will be able to see ALL videos in this Assignment folder. If you want the students to only see each other's video for only one of the video assignments, then don't enable this feature and please request a consult to discuss the best option.
To enable this feature:
- In the same location where you clicked "Create Assignment Folder" in step 5, the title of the new assignment folder should now be showing in place of these words. Click this title to open the assignment folder.
- Now that you're in the assignments folder, click the "Settings" (gear icon) in the top-right corner for this new folder.
- On the resulting page, click "Settings" in the left-hand navigation.
- Check the box to "Allow viewers to see each other's sessions."
7. Students will now be able to select this Assignment Folder when creating or uploading a video to Panopto. For more information, students can view this video tutorial on creating and uploading videos to Panopto. Alternatively, students can choose to upload an existing video rather than creating a video with Panopto.