By embedding a Google Calendar into Blackboard, you are able to display due dates and other events to students. The calendar will automatically update with any events you add to your Google Calendar. The students can add this to their personal Google Calendar as well.
Integrating a Google Calender into a Blackboard Course
1. Copy the embed code from a Google Calendar. Not sure how to get the embed code of a Google Calendar? Follow these instructions.
2. In a separate tab, login to Blackboard by going to the Blackboard portal login page.
2. Navigate to your course. Find the desired location of posting, then hover your mouse cursor over “Build Content”. Under the "New Page" menu, click on "Blank Page".
3. Enter an appropriate title for your calendar. Next, click the HTML button on the text editor. Note: If you don't see the HTML button, click on the two downward facing arrows to expand the full editing menu.
4. In the "HTML code view" popup window, paste the code by right clicking and selecting Paste (alternatively, use Ctrl + V). Click "Update".
5. Finally, click "Submit".
Note: In order to view the calendar, switch off Edit Mode or switch to the Student View. (Icons are in the top right corner)